Engine Ground Bolt Location 4.3l mercruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a boat owner for 32 days and have a (I think) simple question.

The largest black (negative) wire coming from the battery has become disconnected from its' destination. Looking around on line it looks like it likely goes to an engine ground bolt?, but I cannot find it.

Originally I thought it connected to the starter, but I found a diagram that shows otherwise.

Help is appreciated.

B.I.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Engine Ground Bolt Location 4.3l mercruiser

Can you trace the black wire going to you slave solonoid, the battery and solonoid black should go to the engine bolt

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There is usually a stud sticking out on both port and starboard sides of the engine bellhousing used for grounding. Both the main grounds from the battery and the factory engine harness are connected to them.

kulle

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is usually a stud sticking out on both port and starboard sides of the engine bellhousing used for grounding. Both the main grounds from the battery and the factory engine harness are connected to them.

might be dumb question...but if this ground location is corroded, could that be a possible factor to my boat intermittently shutting off usually under load-like maybe the extra voltage draw is being restricted from corrosion?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
11 year old thread. Why can't you start your own thread instead of quoting a departed member?

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.