Is this the singe drain plug?

Johanxxl

Recruit
Hi! I have a mercruiser 3.0 181 CID. I am looking for the single drain plug that should be on the port side of the lower block. This is the only thing I found. Can someone tell me if it's the right one.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Could use a serial umber
Your pic didn't make it, and PB no longer allows 3rd party hosting, suggest google or another

alldodge

Staff member
Unable to find you serial number, unless real old the serial number are like 0Cxxxxxx

It could be the drain plug but doesn't look like it for me. In any case its not a single point but may be one of the points. No oil should come out socould just remove to see if water comes out
In this link note the drain item 15 and 16
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/subassembly/30912/963/290

Your pic
IMG_2619.JPG

Bondo

Staff member
I am looking for the single drain plug that should be on the port side of the lower block. This is the only thing I found. Can someone tell me if it's the right one.

Ayuh,..... There's a few things to drain on a 3.0l, the block drain, 'n the manifold drain, as well as takin' the big hose off the circulatin' water pump,....

Yer picture appears to be the manifold drain port, in the red circle,....
The block drain is the rusty lookin' bump on the block, dead center, bottom of the picture,...

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
manifold drain is usually a brass plug similiar to the engine drain plug , yours looks like a radiator drain was installed instead of the brass plug.