DTS mystery alarm

ataft

Cadet
Regarding the overheat, have you monitored the tamperature of your manifolds? Specifically the starboard manifold.

ataft

Cadet
Just for anyone in the future that may also experience issues with that stbd sys fault 47... Manifolds were not getting adequate cooling, issue found in the catalytic converter. Alarm has been solved.

alldodge

Staff member
Thank you very much to come back and advise. We will make note and hope this helps many others in the future

Haycack

Cadet
A little update on mine. I found the misfire was in #3 cylinder, the injector was dumping fuel in. I pulled all the injectors and having them tested/cleaned. so hopefully that will solve the 78 fault. Im thinking this might have something to do with fault 47 (EST #3 open circuit) also, maybe open circuit on the injector?
Still not sure about the fault 44, I have a Linda scanner on the way that will hopefully help.

Ataft- Thanks for the update. Im a little confused now though. Your fault 47 ended up being manifold temp? I was under the impression 47 was something with EST? What was the cause of your manifold not getting enough cooling? How did you fix it?

Haycack

Cadet
A little more progress on my issues. I got my injectors back from being cleaned/tested, they all checked out good and got about a 4% improvement across the board. This wasnt really the news i wanted to hear, i was hoping the #3 injector was bad. I reinstalled my injectors, made sure to put #3 injector into #7 cylinder to see if there might be a problem with the harness/pcm. Fired it up, still dumping fuel, but this time it was in the #7 cylinder. Good news, looks like it's a bad injector and not the pcm. Ordered a new injector and hopefully that will fix that issue.

As for the other problem, I hooked up the rinda scanner and looks like I'm having a emct issue. I'm going to replace the impeller and pull some of the water lines to see if there's any obstructions.

A question I have that maybe someone can help me out with... my wiring harness is labeled port on all the sensors/ plugs on the right side of the motor and starboard on the left. When I'm reading the scanner and it says "port emct overtemp" is that talking about the wiring harness orientation or the boats?

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I got my injectors back from being cleaned/tested, they all checked out good and got about a 4% improvement across the board.

, still dumping fuel, but this time it was in the #7 cylinder. Good news, looks like it's a bad injector and not the pcm. Ordered a new injector and hopefully that will fix that issue.

Who ever you sent the injectors to was not qualified to test IF (big if) the injector is causing the issue. Injectors should be check to run up to at least 5000 rpm, and tested to shut off with no drips. A bad injector is easy to find with the proper equipment.

my wiring harness is labeled port on all the sensors/ plugs on the right side of the motor and starboard on the left.

Just like the boat, if your facing the bow from the stern (back of the boat), then port is left and starboard is right. So if your at the rear of the motor looking toward the end with the pulleys and belt, then same applies, port left and starboard right.

port emct overtemp"

This is overheat on the port side of the motor (left)