Bellows install issues

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
Hi guys ok I'm replacing all hoses and bellows on a alpha one gen 2 ..
what's the easiest order ?
And also I broke off about half of the oil connector on the transome side .. I have about 1/2inch that's enough if use some adhesive and a metal clamp?

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
I know I should replace that oil fitting but it looks like a nightmare of a job , especially in a bayliner 205 5.0 engine I can't even reach that part from the inside lol

Bondo

Staff member
what's the easiest order ?

Ayuh,..... Exactly as it's explained in the Merc Manuals, which can be found in the Adults Only Section linked in my signature,....

The Trick to that job is usin' Quicksilver Power Tune just before ya slide the aluminum lockin' ring into place,....
Goes in with yer fingers, insteada a special tool,...

achris

More fish than mountain goat
.....And also I broke off about half of the oil connector on the transome side .. I have about 1/2inch that's enough if use some adhesive and a metal clamp?

:eek: Quickest way to let water into the drive and destroy it.

As difficult as it is, replace that fitting. You're going to be doing it anyway, why not do it BEFORE it causes the drive to be replaced too?

Chris. ...

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
:eek: Quickest way to let water into the drive and destroy it.

As difficult as it is, replace that fitting. You're going to be doing it anyway, why not do it BEFORE it causes the drive to be replaced too?

Chris. ...

It's impossible to change that fitting I can't even see it from the inside ... is there a trick to replacing it ?

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
Ayuh,..... Exactly as it's explained in the Merc Manuals, which can be found in the Adults Only Section linked in my signature,....

The Trick to that job is usin' Quicksilver Power Tune just before ya slide the aluminum lockin' ring into place,....
Goes in with yer fingers, insteada a special tool,...

I looked couldn't find it ?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
It's impossible to change that fitting I can't even see it from the inside ... is there a trick to replacing it ?

I have no idea. I have never broken one of those fittings....

But reading from what others have written, you may have to remove the power sterring actuator.

Chris.......

ilove2fixx

Chief Petty Officer
I was thinking I'll find another plastic fitting just a tad bigger put epoxy on the outside and slide the new one on top let dry for a day should be good as new ? Instead of days of labor .. I'll try that if it works yippee if not then I guess it's a couple days of back/neck breaking labor.. for a skinny guy I can't even reach it or fit inside that engine area lol