1989 3.0l mercruiser leaking water/oil

bryceefisher

Cadet
89 3.0l mercruiser is leaking water from under the exhaust manifold. I understand this has to be a crack right, no gaskets or seals can leak. Could this be the head gasket? The strange thing is that I changed the oil yesterday and its not milky but is now below the add line. Any Ideas? I will pull the exhaust manifold once it cools down. I attached a link to the best picture I could get.

Boat is new to me. I was told it was winterized last year.

https://goo.gl/photos/Hcwah4ptFr28EySL6

bryceefisher

Cadet
I guess another question would be do these 2 problems together point to anything specific? Maybe the oil is leaking out with the water?

kenny nunez

Captain
If there is oil mixed in the cooling water you have an internal pin hole at the base of the engine on the starboard side. This is a rare occasion but is a known problem with the GM in line engines.

bryceefisher

Cadet
If there is oil mixed in the cooling water you have an internal pin hole at the base of the engine on the starboard side. This is a rare occasion but is a known problem with the GM in line engines.

And I'm assuming that means the motor is toast?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Depends on the crack, some have survived with plumbers epoxy putty but you wont know what you got untill you remove the manifold