Some possible electrical issues after replacing battery

wellcraft-classic210

Master Chief Petty Officer
I agree with doing voltage checks also. -- least amount of disassembly and very helpful in many cases.

Also -- you should see your supply voltage increase about 2 volts with the engine running if the alternator is working. But I believe the ac ripple check Bruce mentioned would also help also in the case of bad diodes in the alternator. The experts may have more to add and some hens may peck also.

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
Take the alternator out and take it to get bench tested....you'll see it probably good. 90% certain.

Auto zone can't help you unless you can cross reference it to something similar in an automobile.

I've never seen anyone take offense to having their voltmeter disrespected

As far as voltage testing vs resistance readings...to each his own...I chase electronic problems all day long...I'm not offended if you think I'm wrong...big deal...I just laugh at the comments anyway because half of them are nonsense and the other half are halfway on the mark.

Trentbt1

I gave some thought to your rant. I gave you some sound advice. You already made your mind up with what you wanted to do about solving the problem...I see you are still here and haven't figured it out...it appears to be going swimmingly for you at this point in the game.

it also appears you are not even taking ANYONES advice....good,bad or indifferent...did you even do anything bruceb58 said?

Even though I disagree with his approach his advice would have possibly moved you forward in solving your problem.

Also...we all make mistakes. I was not attempting to offend you..but now it appears we have crossed that line...so whatever.

So now iboats has 3 pages of bogus information that will do no one any good in the future.

Also...life is too short..if your wife is busting your balls and making you miserable then kick her to the curb and find another one.

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
But I believe the ac ripple check Bruce mentioned would also help also in the case of bad diodes in the alternator. The experts may have more to add and some hens may peck also.

I have to say....that's a possibility

Doubt the OP has an oscilloscope to confirm.

The information about the temp gauge led this topic down one road...now it's taken a different turn based on all the other information that the OP either just saw or just didn't add initially to the complaint

trentbt1

Cadet
Took the alternator in and that was it! Had a bad diode.

Enough,..... Cease, 'n desist or face the consequences,...

Last edited by a moderator:

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
Took the alternator in and that was it! Had a bad diode. And Benny, what the **** are you still doing here? You've mentioned leaving this thread a few times now but you keep coming back, being a goon. All I said is you ***** like my wife, but she can afford to do that because she's hot and brings a lot more to the table than you do. Go be a pouty puss on someone else's thread. To all the others that actually took the time to help, thanks a ton. Hopefully next time I post on here Benny's *** is out of town.

Enough,..... Cease, 'n desist or face the consequences,...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Don't be makin' My life any more miserable than it already is,....

I don't wanta see this Bullship in Our forum,....

Thank you,....