new se 106 no water flow

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
bought brand new se 106 upper and lower unit, assembled and put on boat ,I get no water. I have taken off pulled units apart checked ,reassembled ,making sure tube matches on each unit put back on boat ,still no water checked all hoses ,finally took off boat again ,and put my old outdrive on and water flows no problem ,so definitely outdrive problem ,took new outdrive apart and now I am looking at it thinking what can I check next before I send this thing back as always thank to all

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... I'd probably pull the impeller to be sure the drive key is in place, 'n that the rubber didn't separate from it's brass drive bushin',....

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
ok took impeller apart, did not see any problems so I re assembled paid attention to the key ,only thing I can think of was key slipped from factory to me starting engine Anyway to check impeller why is on a stand(I figure not ,but thought I would ask anyway)

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Never had a problem with those drives so my guess the copper water tube did not enter the plastic guide tube With the units apart,post some pics

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Wish the site would make posting the location of a member mandatory

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
still no luck with water ,put back together ,put on boat ,still bone dry no water flow at all ,talked to sei said to take off and check water outlet hole on( upper?) unit,will re check tonight just wanted to up date y'all

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
the se106 is identical to the alpha , did you install the guide tube for the copper pipe and did the tube enter the plastic guide?

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
yes i have had apart and together 4 times each time paying attention to the tube after putting togetther i look in there and check ,after it doesn't suck up water i took apart and inside is bone dry not a drop of water inside tube or anything ,also put in tub to try out not muffs,and got a couple bubbles from top pichup hole and each time i put my old alpha on it blows water right away

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Remove the drive and split it . place water hose at the outlet hole in the upper and see if it comes out the copper tube
Remove water pump cover, remove impeller and look down the water pump base to see if one side is open
gasket2520backwards2520small.jpg

put muffs on lower and see if water comes out the pump base.

If you answered yes to all , your doing something wrong on assembly

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
JMHO, SEI offers one of the best aftermarket warranties in the industry. If it doesn't work out of the box, call them and have them send you a different unit or pay for someone to fix it. The last thing you want to do is void the warranty by taking things apart and putting them back together, giving them the chance to say it is something you did.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Yes they do but the customer has to assemble it . Taking the pump top cover off and inspecting is what you do to a new drive that you did not assemble.
I do and have had no issues with merc or sei. If you have never changed an impeller, just ask. There will be a link up and instructions on how to do it.

newtoboat101

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

i have been in contact with sei took unit ,upper and lower, apart and checked holes and took cover off lower impeller ,i then took pictures of all these areas and sent to sei ,then looked and did not see anything out of place ,so after talking to sei,we decided to have them send me a new impeller kit ,and i will put together and try again ,i could have sent lower unit back,they gave me that option ,they will not give you new unit yet ,would send back and they would fix ,but i am willing to try new impeller first ,,also bt doctur ,i will try the hose in upper to make sure no problem with upper ,thanx for advice ,will be a week or so till i get back to you on problem

Attachments

• photo268995.jpg
    photo268995.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268996.jpg
    photo268996.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo268998.jpg
    photo268998.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0