90 Larson cc taking on water

Brian0013

Cadet
Hey guys I've discovered yet another problem with my boat .little back story on the boat ,its a 90 Larson cc .bought it from a buddy knowing it took on a little water when plowing.water was coming in a small hole in the back of the engine bay which I assumed was a drain hole for the transom to the bilge. Boat has had all the bellows replaced and gimbal and when we did them I found water in the u joint Bellow which I thought was the reason for the water coming in. Took the boat out twice ,first time I was on plane most the time than anchored for 2 hours fishing when I pulled the plug she dumped maybe a half gallon of water.sccond day was in some ruff water with the family so I was just blowing with the bow up .by chance when we parked I tuned the bilge on and she pumped at least a couple gallons.and another gallon or so when I pulled the plug.so it's seem to only take on water when the drive is completely submerged.any ideals of what this could be?and dose anyone know test I can do to locate the leak?thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Brian

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
The drain hole just above the inputshaft is a vent and a tell-tale if the main bellows have failed. water will be seen entering from there.Other place is the shift shaft bellow. Speedometer port not connected?