Trim Leak!

jobrown

Seaman
1977 Cobalt 19CD
Outdrive: Mc-1

Noticed over the winter the outdrive fell a bit, I already had it lowered but after a month it was fully on the ground. When spring hit I trimmed it up and down a few times and it seemed to lock up fine, until I started seeing this oil...

Was fixing the trim sending unit (as it was way off after falling during the winter, I had trimmed it up a couple times to keep it off the ground but it fell over time, each time making the trim gauge more and more off.) well once I got back there I noticed a bit of oil so I trimmed it up... then I noticed more oil. First thought was the rams, but they are dry, and all the cables are tight and uncut or bent out of shape. Most of the oil seems to be on the outdrive itself? Pooled up, what gives?

Thoughts?

Attachments

• photo265715.PNG
    photo265715.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • photo265716.PNG
    photo265716.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • photo265717.PNG
    photo265717.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 1

CamaroMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
not 100% sure where its coming from but I had some oil leaking out my hoses, the shiny ones - give em a tiny little crack tighter and see.. are they leaking? hard to tell from pics -

jobrown

Seaman
Oh god it's not a trim leak, this is gear oil. The upper bellows is where it's coming from. Gear oil must be leaking into the bellows. Well. Crap.