Quick silver 3000 classic trim switch removal

KEK

Recruit
The trim switch works when pressing down and nothing on up. I was going to remove the switch to see if I could clean it or maybe see if there was a bad wire connection. From a previous thread I found out how to remove the throttle, took off the lower locking screw and then removed the top screw near the switch. Thought I was there but after removing the top screw it looks like that was holding a bracket that in turn holds the switch in. However the bracket does not budge, like its welded in place, so the switch won't come out! I mean its in there, have tried prying on it some but it doesn't even move. Help please!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... That switch can be Tested back at the solenoids on the trim pump,....

'n the odds are that's also where the problem lies,...

KEK

Recruit
Thanks for your reply. I replaced all of that last year. The whole bracket that holds the reservoir and pump, it had all new wiring and selenoids on it. I would think there wouldn't be an issue back there. It all looks good and clean, just like it was brand new.

KEK

Recruit
Ok I did manage to get the switch out. You have to slide the top/grip part of throttle up! Duh took switch apart, cleaned connections, still only the down part works. How do I test the selenoids? Please

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Ok, go to the solenoids and rig up a jumper from the battery or the main brass buss bar and touch the small lugs of the solenoid, Green =down, blue= up
If nothing happens go to the large lugs and retest . works on the large but not the small you have a missing ground or a bad solenoid.
If it works at both positions you have a bad trim limit switch at the transom

KEK

Recruit
Thanks for response. I think I get it. Not well versed in testing electrical things, one of my mechanical weakness'

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
OK if the trailer switch works probably not the solonoids, the problem is almost certainly the trim limit switch. Go to the stern, locate the two black wires coming from the trim limit switch. They go into two connectors, one with a purple/ white wire, the other with two blue/ white wires. Unplug the black wires and jumper between the two connectors with a piece of wire. Try the trim switch. If it works( bet it will ) then your problem is the trim limit circuit, either the switch or wires.