Replacement pump for Presolite MC-1?

998cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
All. Is there a modern replacement hydraulic trim pump for the MC-1? I assume it is a Prestolite. The pump I have is shown in Volume II of the Mercruiser manual C-90-7107 in section 7A. I think my pump has a stuck pressure relief valve.
I have a second non-working pump that I took apart as a prep course for going through my boat pump. The inner valve body looks like a major box of tricks!

It looks like a replacement pump would be the best overall repair if one is available.

Boat is a 1972 Gulfstream with GM 250ci inline 6, 165 HP, MC-1 drive

Thank you.
Russ

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... If ya get 1 of the current production trim pumps, with both lines,...

You can delete all the extra "Stuff" yer system has on the return line, to just the pump, 'n 2 lines,...

The newer pumps, don't need the reverse lock, it's in the pump,...

fishrdan

Admiral
I have a 72 MC-1 with a 140HP engine. Did the upgrade Bondo mentioned.

Oildyne pump, new lines to the manifold and a third line for the trim indicator. I had to add a couple brass adapters so the lines would attach to the pump, but nothing the local (good) auto parts store didn't have in stock. Omit the connection to the reverse lock valve, fill with oil and plug holes.

I replaced all the lines with new ones as the old ones were in bad condition, 40 years old...

Bigtrout29

Seaman
Hey 998cc just did the same thing on my 84 mfg not sure were the guy got my pump from but was 315 Canadian didn't come with the bottom but all I did with that is pumped some cleaning salvent through with the old pump before hooking up to the new one and alot of crust came out and now works fine the only reason I replaced mine was the down side was bad and be prepared to go to a double solenoid as the new pump requires the second one for the down side

998cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bondo, Fishrdan, Bigtrout, thanks for the responses. After giving it a lot of consideration, a new pump is on its way! :joyous: