I/O Ranger bass boat ignition help.

bheff

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just picked up a "running" (if it had a key) 1974 Ranger Bass boat with an 140hp inboard/outboard. I swapped out the ignition and nothing worked, no clicks, nothing. So I am assuming there are other issues. My problem is I cant find any type of decent wiring diagrams. Anyone here know of a way to trouble shoot this thing and where to find what wire goes where?
serial # 3828141

Bondo

Staff member
140hp inboard/outboard.

Ayuh,.... Who's 140 hp I/O,..??

Is there power at the Batt terminal of the keyswitch,..??

bheff

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ayuh,.... Who's 140 hp I/O,..??

Is there power at the Batt terminal of the keyswitch,..??

That would help if i added the manufacture.It is a a Mercruiser. I did find out that the solenoid is bad, so I am going to replace it assuming the parts store has one. While I'm there Ill pick up another solenoid for the tilt trim and a coil for the ignition. My hang up is what color wires go to the solenoid and ignition post on the back of the ignition switch.

bheff

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you Sir!, Now to see if my boat has those colors. lol. They are one color at one end, and some switch colors on the other. Frustrating. That diagram helps, if nothing else, I can run wires directly to where I need them.
No Solenoid in and coil in, they had to order the solenoid for the hydraulic pump.