Water Pump replacement

OldRedToyota

Cadet
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums so please forgive me if I am repeating an already covered topic. I have a 98 4.3L. Engine serial: 0M635945 and Transom Serial:0L263708. I just bought it so currently fixing her up for this summer. Last owner said it has been sitting for 5 years but ran when parked. I turned crank and it isn't locked up. I've ordered new plugs, cap and wires, filters x2, belt, and want to replace the water pump, but can't seem to find something to tell me which one I need. I ordered a book, but it won't be here until next week and I'd really like to order all the parts so that they are here by next weekend. Any help or suggestions with the water pump and anything else I should do or look at would be greatly appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Which drive is behind yer 4.3l motor,..??

Alpha Gen.II, or a Bravo,..??

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
check the stickies for links and videos achris did a video on pulling an A1G2. there are also videos on youtube

OldRedToyota

Cadet
Thanks Scott. I found some good videos that I plan on using when I do the job. I went out on a limb and ordered a sierra international 18-3265. I believe it is the one I need, and will hopefully finish the project Wednesday or Thursday. I'll let everyone know. [h=1][/h]

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Just look on the bottom line of my signature, there's a link to my videos... Good luck. ;-)

OldRedToyota

Cadet
Thanks achris. Actually got it all taken care of and put back together. New, or original problem made itself known today that I hope is just shift cables but I'm going to be making a new thread to try to resolve that problem. Got to love project boats!