What's this?

sogood

Petty Officer 1st Class
Despite studying illustrations in my Seloc manual, I'm still trying to identify the part pointed out in the accompanying picture. It's the carburettor, which I've identified as a 4BBL Rochester, unless I'm mistaken. Any information much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo259489.jpg
    photo259489.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
There will be another one to the left of that one - under the fuel inlet there.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Seloc isn't a manual. Worse than useless they will give you wrong information. Get the Mercruiser factory manual, even if just the online one at boainfo.no

sogood

Petty Officer 1st Class
Seloc isn't a manual. Worse than useless they will give you wrong information. Get the Mercruiser factory manual, even if just the online one at boainfo.no

​Thanks for the answers. I tend to agree somewhat with your opinion of the Seloc manual. It's better than nothing but lacking in clarity and a little bit confusing sometimes. I will certainly upgrade in the future, just getting to grips with things new to me at the moment. I presume I have correctly identified the carb? As per a previous post, I don't have a serial number on the engine, so it's not all plain sailing. One point regarding the carb, from what I've read, the carb seems to be specific to the mercruiser 5.0L, amongst others, but I cant find a mention of the 5.7, which mine is. I know the engine had a lot of work done by the PO, including the carb, which is a rebuilt replacement. I have the original, which I will compare. Just wondering.............

Thanks again.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
And just to be clear, it's an IDLE mixture screw. It only adjust the mixture at idle.