Bravo 3 Trim sender

shanz_2008

Seaman
Hi
I need to know how what type of trim sender (digital or Analog) do I need on Bravo 3 drive 4.3 engines MPI both of 2007 with smart craft gauges.

Fun Times

Staff member

shanz_2008

Seaman
The once that I have on the drives are the common once the 2 wire and are exactly as the old once but the old once never worked since I bought the boat last year because I was told that these were faulty.
Now I bought a new once but as soon as i switched them on from the Smart Craft gauge both gave SYS Fault /power trim sensor faulty.

I switched them on from CAL2,external sensors,power trim.

I Have Both Drives Transom and Drive Serial Number
Transom: 1A105170
Drive Serial No: OW941313

Transom Serial No: 1A105181
Drive Serial No: OW941321

alldodge

Staff member
The once that I have on the drives are the common once the 2 wire and are exactly as the old once but the old ones never worked since I bought the boat last year because I was told that these were faulty.
Now I bought a new ones but as soon as i switched them on from the Smart Craft gauge both gave SYS Fault /power trim sensor faulty.

It sounds to me that it should be using digital trim/sender. Follow the wires and are they Brown/White for gauge and Purple/White and Blue/White for limit. See if the wires go into a 3 point connector of some type. What I'm wondering is if someone monkeyed around with the wiring

shanz_2008

Seaman
I checked there are no joints or ever been touched.
There is one orange marked digital,one orange &white marked analog and one black.

alldodge

Staff member
Could it be some settings from the smart craft gauges?

Maybe, this is where Fun Times would be the guy, but have found that smartcraft has a menu which must be told what is installed.

I'm going to go have a look at manual 31 to see if anything shows up, will be back later

alldodge

Staff member
The Org/Blue goes to the 10 pin connector (Analog)
The Org/White goes to connecter B-13 (Digital)
Black is ground

Here is a short vid on connecting to smartcraft monitor

That said your using analog gauges with smartcarft monitor. To use analog gauges I think your going to need to get a analog to digital converter, or use digital senders.

Wiring shows a connection between pin 10 and B-13, but looking at the schematic I don't see a connection

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

shanz_2008

Seaman
I have the SC1000 smart craft gauges trim senders rec 805320a03. When i bought the boat last year both trim gagues were working fine.
Before i put the boat back to the sea i noticed that the staboard engine was given a fault on the trim sender i tried to switch off the trim from smart gauge but by mistake i did a master reset then after the reset both gauges gave the fault so i switched off both trim because i thought both senders were faulty.
This year changed both senders but still did not solved the problem.

I think that somthing went wrong when master reset was done because i had an issue with the communication between the engines

Fun Times

Staff member
Looking over the serial numbers, it appears the trim sending units would of came with the original 2 wire electrical bullet connectors design not the 3 wire electrical weather pack connector design used for later model digital trim designs and different transom to engine combinations.

Since nothing really changed parts wise as in buying wrong/different parts and both smart craft and analog trim gauges where working at the same time before working on the boat and then all of a sudden one engine side still worked and the other engine didn't work seems to indicate there might be a communication loss possibly between the master and slave engine settings whether it be a missed/unconnected connecting cable running between the two engines or maybe just the feature settings within the smart craft gauge/s itself/themselves.

If I recall correctly the starboard gauge / & engine should be the master set up and you have to set one up before the other especially now that a master reset has been initiated to one side.

If possible, since one side possibly worked after installing the two engines, are you able to see how the wires are connected for comparison to the non working side?

Though there are a few options for trim sending unit designs, I'm pretty sure the newer designed 2 wire sending units could run the digital gauges nowadays as yours ' if correct shows it to be true.

A smart craft manual should help suggest what order to configure the engine and trim settings. Do you have yours? There are some that you can find online if in need of one.

Below is some other info that's good to know incase you're unable to make this work again.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...it-switch.html
HP Transom Assembly sender - iboats Boating Forums

shanz_2008

Seaman
Hi
I switched the trim sender wire from Analog to digital and it looks like it is working fine.šŸ˜Š
I still have to set and calibrate the trim but the fault didn't came and the gauge worked.

Tomorrow I will switch the other wire of the other drive and come back to you.