What type of grease fitting is this on my universal joint?

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Just for u-joints you should not have to disassemble anything except the CV joint itself. Set you outdrive in some sort of slotted bench holder and just press the crosses out and back in. I made a special little adapter for a ball joint press to clear the tight area on the caps next to the drive.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Those are sealed Uni joints. Not meant to be greased. Only replace them if they need to be replaced, and you absolutely DO NOT need to remove the yoke and drive gear from the drive. Unis are easily replaced without the need for unnecessary work!

Chris. ....

Fun Times

Staff member
In the Adults Only section.
I still can't believe most people won't look in the Adults Only reference section......

Maybe have the Mod`s change the print to Hot Pink Script style, you know Adults Only

I never checked it because I assumed it was not safe for work.
That is why Don S also created another topic titled MUST HAVE Technical Information for DIYers. which is an exact copy of the ------------ADULTs ONLY -------------------------No Exceptions----- in order to make searching while at work safer for the end user.

The adults only was meant to be an eye-catcher sticky to help coax someone to go in and have a look around due to hardly anyone ventures into forum sticky's at the top of most sub-forum pages.