Little help, I'm stuck on the water.

findinghomer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its designed to give the motor more fuel during acceleration. They are not used on many 4 and 6 cylinder motors, more often used on 8's. Without the power piston or other there can be a dead spot above 1/4 throttle. In any case it needs to be freed up.

In the base of the carb there should be a power valve, remove and make sure its clean and moves. A stuck power valve will dump fuel in the carb somewhat like yours is doing

The power valve is new, I'll double check that it's moving. So sounds like a seized power piston would not cause my problem? Thanks for all your input!

findinghomer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its designed to give the motor more fuel during acceleration. They are not used on many 4 and 6 cylinder motors, more often used on 8's. Without the power piston or other there can be a dead spot above 1/4 throttle. In any case it needs to be freed up.

In the base of the carb there should be a power valve, remove and make sure its clean and moves. A stuck power valve will dump fuel in the carb somewhat like yours is doing

Hey, btw.... this all began when I was cruising above half throttle. Could it be bc that power piston got stuck causing fuel issues at cruising speed, and then messing up fuel mixture once a throttled completely down? I used some PB Blaster and freed it up, and it seems to be moving properly now. Just kind of hoping that this will fix my problem. I don't visually see anything else

alldodge

Staff member
Could be its fixed, give it some runs and find out. Don't know of anyway to find out without spending some major dollars on a Dyno.

Just as a quick reference to the power piston, Starting right at the 17:14 minute mark the guy Mike in the following video shows how he cleans and operates the power piston and you can see where the fluid comes out to the right hand side, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fol45QXpm90

Last edited by a moderator: