Thermostat housing and sleeve config

imp0ster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
is this right? I got all the parts individually from different places and want to make sure. T-Stat goes in housing, white sleeve goes in with open side towards water pathway then gasket between housing and mani. That it?

Attachments

• photo257217.jpg
    photo257217.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 3

thumpar

Admiral
Make sure the gasket you use from the mani to housing has the metal rivets in it so the sensors work.

Fun Times

Staff member
The little quark gasket!
Did you install the cork gasket (item number 3) first up inside the housing before the installing thermostat? If not, you'll need to.... The white sleeve should have a little notch on the outside to fit in a groove inside the housing making it go in only one way if the thermostat housing was Mercruiser OEM. Is that a new to you housing? If so, have a part number/link to the part you bought as there are a few other styles available and some seemed to possibly have used another style sleeve if this one don't seem to fit so well for you to question it. < Just think out loud.

s-l500.jpg

imp0ster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

yes this all was done. The Merc SS housing was brand new when I purchased it and the quark gasket went above the T-Stat.

I am yet to fire up the boat because the jump fittings for the exhaust are stupid and I had to purchase silicone heater hose to make the bends work.

Attachments

• photo257544.jpg
    photo257544.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 1

alldodge

Staff member
Watch the silicone hoses, they are flexible but can kink down due to very little water pressure. The pre-molded hose are about $43 each.

imp0ster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the pre molded U hose right from EMI but it's way too much for them. I have no choice. it's going to look funny with the amount of hose I'll have to use to jump and not kink but it should work.