NLA

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Trying to educate the unknowing. If service information is needed try the service manual. If parts information is needed try the parts catalog.

​FYI..........I had already exhausted all avenues and still can not locate the P/N I needed.
If you could be of any further help it would be appreciated.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Does this illustration show the part needed?

14o60w8.jpg

2ur4gzm.jpg

351h541.jpg

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Does this illustration show the part needed?
Technically speaking without being able to compare the two hoses (new and old) side by side for a molded hose designed fit, No unfortunately those illustrations doesn't offer a 100 percent guarantee that any of them water hoses would be an "exact" match for the Merc OEM Closed Cooling System "Kit" Tony may have as it seems this Closed Cooling System may not have been factory installed during a new build noted by using Tony's engine serial number as a guiding point nor does it appear that any stern drive (I/O) engine within his year or model number range offers a parts catalog that shows a completed Closed Cooling System under his parts guide/catalog part number like the ones shown in the images posted above due to they are listed under the "Standard Cooling System" and not under another section which usually is specifically for the Closed Cooling System < like this one for example taken from an 5.7L inboard engine of Tony's year range (1992).

Would the part number for item number 17 the first image above work? Possibly yes as long as the thermostat housing remained the same from new (< which is a 50/50 chance in this case with many variables involved)... So unfortunately it's truly only a "guess" without an actual written guarantee.

Guess one way to help possibly know if the hose in question could work would be by first searching the part number online such as EBay for a good photo of the hose while comparing the old hose the best you can before receiving a new hose in the mail for a better up close inspection should a local Mercruiser dealer not have one in stock to compare hose angles, etc. to... I'm thinking Tony would like to try his best at finding a known for sure exact match the first time around if possible vs shipping back and forth, etc. as that just becomes another hassle if it's not right.

We talked a little bit about this same issue in Tony's other topic titled Hoses for Full Closed Cooling System

One question never asked though...Are there any numbers on the old hose/s as sometimes the hoses will have a part number of sorts on them from new though they tend to fade away over time....Being a possible kit though, they may not.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Would the part number for item number 17 the first image above work? Possibly yes as long as the thermostat housing remained the same from new (< which is a 50/50 chance in this case with many variables involved)... So unfortunately it's truly only a "guess" without an actual written guarantee.

@boscoe99..........what it is P/N for 17 in the 1st figure?
Might be worth a try!

FreeBeeTony

Captain
@boscoe99............just wanted you to know I ordered the P/N you gave me.
I just finished replacing the old one and to my PLEASANT surprise........the P/N's matched!!!

Thank you very much. That was the last hose I replaced.
I was able to find all the hoses I needed, even the NLA ones!!