Hoses for Full Closed Cooling System

FreeBeeTony

Captain
I have 350 Mag S/N 0DXXXXXXX.
​Where can I find the pre-formed hoses?
Hoses: thermostat hosing to manifold; manifold to H/E; raw water hoses (Bravo style pump.
​Hope to find what POPPED yesterday.

Fun Times

Staff member
Having the full serial number would help out a bit better as there could be another area to check for the correct closed cooling system depending on actual parts diagram to use.

Also we may need a photo of your designed thermostat housing...This is (May be) as long as the closed cooling system is stock OEM vs aftermarket too.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Still having difficulty finding the correct molded hoses..........
Any help would be appreciated.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Think those diagrams are for inboards w/ HE mounted toward stern
Mine is a sterndive w/ HE mounted over circ pump.
​Thanks for the effort!!!
​Still not seeing what I need though.

alldodge

Staff member
What I think you have is a rear mounted HE which was removed from another motor and installed on yours. Looking at the pics below there is a Tee fitting for the rear mounted HE which is used to feed water to the elbows on port/starboard. The front mounted HE is not routed in this method. Probably still off base but just my thought

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Fun Times

Staff member
Here is a link to my H/E:

https://lencoheatexchangers.com/coll...ock-late-model

Hoses still not clear...........
Knowing the merc part number of your HE makes things easier to find the right hoses... All you need to do is an image search online with 91036A1 and you will get some parts diagrams to click on with the correct hose part numbers to follow. Better yet search CLOSED COOLING SYSTEM (91036A1, A3, A5, A8) FOR ACCESSORIES MERCRUISER VOLUME I

^ Cant link it here on iboats but James Town is the place you'll need to search for part numbers.

FreeBeeTony

Captain
quiet-sign-hi.png

Oh I know..... But so is iboats! ;)
Thanks FT!!!!!! 'We're happy that we all could help you out where we could with this one as it was a tough one to find using normal procedures.:tea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun Times

Staff member
This is a tough one to figure out as there isn't a specific number rather multiple numbers depending on what diagram looked at and none of them are an 100% guarantee fit.

I'm thinking the those from the T cover to starboard manifold wouldn't have changed from a normal/standard cooling system which yours being an Alpha from new and adding the closed system there after may be part number 32-87117 1. https://www.perfprotech.com/mercury-...0?umodel=24108

As for molded hoses, it seems there's one straight hose that covers a wide verity of molded hoses (though it's aftermarket) when looking at the many available closed cooling diagrams which is Sierra part number 18-75100... Molded Hose 48" which replaces Merc part numbers 32-89749, 89730-1, Mercury 32-16021-1, 32-19403, 32-33220-70, 32-41940, 32-52481, 32-87117-1, 32-89730-1, 32-89749-1 ... http://www.iboats.com/Molded-Hose-St...view_id.172089

If you haven't yet and still want to try and find the correct molded hose by design to fit as some like to do in order to make installation a bit easier etc., you may want to try removing the hose, get a good photo of it then search the multiple hose numbers by image/online photos + from eBay until you believe to have found the right turning angles to match yours.

Two possibilities for molded are,
HOSE (STARBOARD) (# 32-871171) http://www.mercruiserparts.com/871171-hose

89730-1 HOSE, THERMOSTAT COVER (STARBOARD) http://www.mercruiserparts.com/897301-hose-molded , http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury...s/1998_600.cfm

Unfortunately there is nothing that stands out and says with certainty this part number or hose fits the starboard lower exhaust for the closed cooling system of your design as/like item number 30 does below for the port side which also seems to be a different number pattern than the usual parts diagrams.
1424.png

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Thanks FT for taking the time to write that.
That is the exact figure I have been looking at and as you can see there isn't a clear number/image of that hose.

How do you know my closed cooling system was an add on? From the S/N?
Again...........thanks for all the info, much appreciated. I will update when/if I find what I need......have all winter!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun Times

Staff member
Yes most times (not all) the serial number will help give an indication within the Service Literature headline when doing an MERCRUISER serial number look-up had there been something different about the engine model leaving the factory.

Yours or none of the other model numbers within/around your year range of 1992 indicates they didn't seem to install closed cooling on the stern drive engine models of that era...Only some of the inboards got it thus the main reason there isn't a Closed Cooling parts diagram within "your" parts catalog part number. That's why we went looking elsewhere (inboards) but within your year range. Yours most likely had to be a kit bought and installed later though still by Merc.

Long shot idea here but if you happen to have past paper work for the boat/engine, then there might be a list of parts for the CC kit showing that part number.

Your Service Literature for MERCRUISER reads 1992 MAGNUM W/ PS 350 ALPHA I MERCRUISER Model Number 4350100ES. There where only 3 model numbers produced for the stern drive I/O's in 1992 and none tend to show a closed cooling system as typically it would show FWC like in the bottom example below had they put it on during the engine build. Some other engines shows RWC for Raw Water Cooled (Lake). F = Fresh (A/F).
4350100ER
Service Literature for MERCRUISER MAGNUM W/ PS 350 ALPHA I
ALPHA I
4350100ES < Yours)
Service Literature for MERCRUISER MAGNUM W/ PS 350 ALPHA I
ALPHA I
4350111ES Service Literature for MERCRUISER MAGNUM EFI 350 BRAVO

As an example for Fresh Water Cooled: Service Literature for MIE RH-HOR-BW-VD-2.0-FWC-5X1 1/4 5.7L CARB
BRAVO

Last edited: