B3 lower shift cable

scoflaw

Ensign
Anyone know what the measurement is on the motor shift bracket for a new lower shift cable ? Manual says to use a special tool and they don't mention a measurement. Got a hot buyer and don't have time to buy one. I want to say 7". Got to get these drives back on and shifting. Thanks.

Fun Times

Staff member
7 3/4 center to center... The flat plate tool that gets set at the bell housing end is 1/4 thick .

Got a hot buyer and don't have time to buy one.
Come to think of it scoflaw, are you selling your boat that you've owned for what seemed to be awhile now ??? Upgrading or downgrading?

Last edited:

scoflaw

Ensign
Yes, I've had it for 6 years. It's more boat than I really need, and every year the maintenance gets more painful. Going to look for a single engine big block boat. Something like a Formula 271 fastech. With the single engine I'll have some room to work on it.

​1/4" plate ? Haven't read about that. Wondering how that is all coming together. When you pull the drives off they get put into reverse.

alldodge

Staff member
Hope this clears it up. You shouldn't need to readjust the 3 inch spacing, but if it was loosened then maybe. The good thing with a bravo, you can have the motor running and slide the barrel nut ot and make slight adjustments as needed. Just make sure the prop is clear and with someone watching can advise as things change

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Bravo shift adjust.jpg

Bravo neutral adjust.jpg