Noob question: how to connect external gas tank

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, I need to connect an external gas tank(1 gallon) to my 2003 mercruiser 4.3. Do I need a any special things like special gas tank? Can someone give me a step by step guide? Don't wanna blow up my boat 😁

In trying to do the seafoam dunks method.

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Yeah I've seen that, just wanted a more detailed procedure of auctally connecting the 1 gallon portable gas tank to the mercruiser 4.3. Thanks

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Never mind, just took the fuel line from the main tank and stuck it into the portable tank.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... I just pull the line from the boat's tank, at the fuel filter inlet, 'n hook a 3/8" hose from a remote tank right to the fuel filter inlet,....

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Ayuh,.... I just pull the line from the boat's tank, at the fuel filter inlet, 'n hook a 3/8" hose from a remote tank right to the fuel filter inlet,....

Yeah that's a better idea than what I did because I didn't have 3/8s line lying around to hook into the fuel filter and the one that is already there is a bit short so I had to stick the portable tank into the bilge to make it work which isn't the smartest thing to do but I plugged the holes really good so the fumes don't get out.