Corsa Thru the Hull Exhaust

Calae 2000

Cadet
Anyone installed a Corsa thru the hull system on a 19.5 to 20 ft open bow ? Thinking about it about it but have very limited space. The engine is a 5.0 litre Chevy Mercruiser and has the 4" mid stock risers 1994 model Thompson. Also did you find your measurements had to be exact for a new system or can adapters and or applicable hose fittings be used to compensate for an exact fit ?

alldodge

Staff member
Installed a set on my Formula which is a larger boat, but would have been easier on my Rinker. The amount of space from the motor to the transom is the same just about no matter what boat. You don't have to be exact but you do need to be pretty darn close. If you go to Corsa they have layouts.

If you use 4 inch thru hulls you will need a 4 1/8 hole saw. I took two hole saws and had them welded together with the center cut out of the first one. The transom is 2 inch thick and the standard hole saw is not that deep. When cutting the hole, be careful of your wrest, the saw can gab and twist the drill out of your hands.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Just curious, why the thru hulls? Most people who install them, particularly on smaller boats, regret it. Most usually revert back to the factory exhaust path, thru prop.

Chris......

Calae 2000

Cadet
Silent choice is the only way to go with thru the hull especially on a small boat like mine, lol!

Pete104

Lieutenant
Just curious, why the thru hulls? Most people who install them, particularly on smaller boats, regret it. Most usually revert back to the factory exhaust path, thru prop.

Chris......

Yep!
But for others it's an extension of :censored: or something!

Calae 2000

Cadet
That's what the silent choice give you diverters and a switch to divert the exhaust note from out the back to down thru the prop. So you can have the option of loud or quiet with the flick of the switch on the dash.