Barr manifold kit

gtfireftr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone have any experience with the Barr manifold, risers, and spacers?
I am changing engines, and might as well change everything.....
Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Barr makes good castings, just check the mating surfaces for flatness

tpenfield

Staff member
I bought a set for my Merc 7.4 . . . Good stuff :thumb:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
As with any manufacturer, run a fine flat file across the surfaces

rick3452

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've used two sets of Barr in 6 years. Very happy with them...... Make sure you use OEM Gaskets (Metallic Type)
I can still hear Don S.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
If you are running in salt and not going to flush after each use then you get what you pay for.The better manufacturers like oem mercruiser,Osco,Barr,etc will hold up better and longer.I run in salt, however I flush with fresh water after every use so my engine and manifolds/risers have fresh water in them 99% of the time. i have used all brands like GLM,sierra,Osco based on lowest price and all have held up the same.10 years + and in very good condition when changed as PM.

gtfireftr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the replies.... Barr it is...
Crazy Charlie..... How do you flush the system? Do you have a flush kit installed??

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
No flush kit on this one but I had one in the past.I lay on the swim platform and put muffs on each drive.Funny thing is that since absolutely nobody does this when boat is in water,everyone that sees me down there assumes that there is a problem I am addressing.When I say ,No problem...I am just flushing ,they look puzzled. Charlie

gtfireftr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No flush kit on this one but I had one in the past.I lay on the swim platform and put muffs on each drive.Funny thing is that since absolutely nobody does this when boat is in water,everyone that sees me down there assumes that there is a problem I am addressing.When I say ,No problem...I am just flushing ,they look puzzled. Charlie

I bet..... LOL