Rinker V186 almost done, need electrical help

Nscarman

Cadet
1990 v186 wiring diagram would be helpful but cant find one, lost my pics when i backed up my phone, ive got a brown wire, white wire, red, black, blower is not hooked up yet, fuel sending unit, and bilge pump are the only things not hooked up. Anybody have any ideas?? this thing was completely rigged when i got it but trying to get it back right and pulling my hair out!! any help would be appreciated!! thanks guys!!

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Alot depends on where the wires are that are not connected, i.e. at the switch panel, or somewhere in the stern / bilge area. Also, do you have an automatic bilge pump, or a pump and external float switch.
Anyway, some standard colors:
Brown usually goes to the bilge pump.
White is also found on the bilge pump but connect to ground
Red is usually +12 volts
Black.is usually ground

Let us know a little more about switch panel, new or old. if old can you trace the wires from the switches

Nscarman

Cadet
ok, its in the stern/bilge area, only thing i know about the bilge is it doesnt come on unless you hit the switch, the brown and the white go into the harness, then the red and black go over to the blower but have crimped eye fittings on them, no other wire i see for the sending unit. this has a mercathode overtop the breaker but only thing that was ever hooked to it was one black wire that goes into the harness, im sure they must have bypassed it but not sure why, i was ripped on this boat, ive replaced floor, stringers, motor mount boxes, bellows, motor, and its only been on the water maybe 3-4 times.

Pete104

Lieutenant
1990 v186 wiring diagram would be helpful but cant find one, lost my pics when i backed up my phone, ive got a brown wire, white wire, red, black, blower is not hooked up yet, fuel sending unit, and bilge pump are the only things not hooked up. Anybody have any ideas?? this thing was completely rigged when i got it but trying to get it back right and pulling my hair out!! any help would be appreciated!! thanks guys!!

Yes, brown to bilge
The red & black wires, are they a heavier gauge than the others? Those could feed the dash.
Blower is usually yellow but who knows in 1990. It may be white.
Fuel sender has been pink for quite a while.

Nscarman

Cadet
ok brn and wht to the bilge, the red and blk wires are a smaller gauge, probably 18g, but theyconnect to a yellow and forget the other color heavier gauge that connects to blower, but only about 3 feet long so def not long enough to reach dash. i must be missing the wire for the fuel sending unit, like i said this thing has been so cobbled up who knows what exactly has been bypassed but i guess little by little i will get it! lol. thanks guys, ill keep looking

Nscarman

Cadet
update- traced the wiring and hooked everything up and now so far everythings working but my trim up, trim down works and trailering works up and down so back to tracing! thanks for all the help!!