350 5.7 TBI Throttle Cable Issue

sarnone

Seaman Apprentice
I have an issue with my port engine throttle cable. By the time the throttle handle reaches full swing, it's nearly an inch and a half further than the stbd side but yet is 300 rpms behind the stbd engine. Is the cable stretched or in need of adjustment.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Pete104

Lieutenant
In "throttle only" move handles to WOT. Do both cables travel the same distance? How are the props on either side? Have you had any audio alarms?

alldodge

Staff member
I have an issue with my port engine throttle cable. By the time the throttle handle reaches full swing, it's nearly an inch and a half further than the stbd side but yet is 300 rpms behind the stbd engine. Is the cable stretched or in need of adjustment.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

I would suggest first checking the sync of the throttle handle. Thinking you have bravo drives, place the control in neutral. Next remove the shift cable from the plate (top one). Now push the cable forward and mark cable, next pull it to the rear and mark the cable. Now mark the middle between the two. Install the cable making sure it is at mark C

Bravo neutral adjust.jpg

Next make sure your throttle cable is at rest or slightly pushing throttle body closed.

If all checks out come back and let us know

sarnone

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. I will complete your recommendations to check the backlash. However, I think now problem was not presenting itself how I thought. I believe I have one engine that actually produces about 2-300 rpms less than the other. So when synchronizing the engines by rpm, I am thinking there is more throttle travel somewhere for the slower motor. My bad.

alldodge

Staff member
It could also be do to the health of the motor, prop damage and fuel flow rate. At WOT does one turn more rpm then the other?