Trim hoses routing.

rlester

Cadet
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. Picked up a 73 Glasspar 16 footer with a 140 engine last summer. Free. It needed a lot of work and this is my second boat (first was an outboard) so I'm learning a lot here. I'm a self taught mechanic been fixing cars/trucks/RV's/sleds/anything for the last 26 years. Pulled the motor out of this unit last summer and installed a new head gasket, ground the valves and did a full inspection. Bearings and rings were good. Installed new exhaust elbow, gimbal bearing, changed leg oil, fixed wiring, cleaned fuel tank, cleaned carb. Runs fantastic on the muffs and has great throttle response.

My question is this: The trim hoses (sterndrive side) were not installed when I got the boat. I've since purchased new ones. I don't know exactly which hose connection on the boat goes on which port of the Rams. Cannot find a diagram for this online anywhere. Don't want to just hook them up and ruin the pump or the rams because I installed them backwards. Have to replace one ram as the threads are stripped on one hose connection. These are the rams with the ports right next to one another, no metal line on them.

I'm assuming this is a "Pre-alpha" drive unit?

Thanks.

rlester

Cadet
Thank you, this makes sense and once I get the new ram I'll let you know how it goes.