Bravo one shudder to neutral

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have not had any outdrive trouble but took boat out yesterday and found a shudder when going from F to N. And it was random.

Any ideas?

alldodge

Staff member
Could use a bit more info, what does shudder mean?

When was the last time the drive lube was changed?

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Drive oil was services when the prop seal was replaced last season. Also the Gimbal bearing was replaced as well.

As far as the shutter.. its almost like it sticks trying to from from F to N.. but its only if you dont let the drive slow down first however this has never been a problem in the past as you could shift to neutral as quick as you want before.

thumpar

Admiral
You could try adjusting the lower shift cable but it is usually a set it once on a Bravo and replace if needed. If adjustment works I would get a new cable.

alldodge

Staff member
The bravo should as you say slide in/out very easy. With the upper section doing all the shifting, so long as the motor is under a 1000 rpm it should happen without issue. Might be the upper clutch and gear assembly may have an issue. I would suggest removing the top and rear cover of the drive and have a look at the gears and shift fork.

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
Roger that. I keep her at lake anna, so about 1.5 hours away. Ill take a look next weekend.