Ignition Control Module

bagman67

Recruit
What is the correct replacement part number for a MCM 4.3 LX GEN+ serial number 0K020147 ignition control module? the part number on the one I took off is 807829-1. All information I have says it is a conversion kit ignition control module part number 861251A-1. Is that the correct part number?

bagman67

Recruit
Thanks. That's what I ordered. Any special advice on installing the conversion kit?

alldodge

Staff member
Maybe someone else can answer the question, never installed one my self, none failed. My guess is there will be instructions with it to lead you thru. When you do it, come back and inform us on how it went and maybe some pics. We all like pics, we will be hear if needed

bagman67

Recruit
So, I got everything converted. The motor cranked but sounds like it is missing a little.The housing bracket that the module sits in is too narrow for the new one. I Tried to bend it out to make the opening wider. The bracket is attached to the distributor. I rotated the distributor slightly. Is it possible that's why it is missing. I rotated it back to as to where I thought it was at before. Moved about 1/2 inch.

Bondo

Staff member
The bracket is attached to the distributor. I rotated the distributor slightly. Is it possible that's why it is missing. I rotated it back to as to where I thought it was at before. Moved about 1/2 inch.

Ayuh,... Ya gotta reset the timin', as this changed it,.....