Alpha one gen 2, 2011 year model 100 hours, what to do?

Frankdtank

Seaman
I don't believe it popped back in place. The shifter felt very sluggish, but after the first startup it just got back to normal...

alldodge

Staff member
Not a Gen 2 expert but if the shift shaft was not aligned with the foot when going together, it can bend the shaft. Not saying it did, but this has happened to others. This can also put excessive pressure on the shift crank. Could be it was in a bind until moved around to free it up.

Frankdtank

Seaman
The shaft was fine, just not lined up properly the first time I put it back together, therefore no reverse... Didn't start the boat till both forward and reverse gears were regained, so no damage should have occurred.

Just wondering about the initial tight (rubbery) shifter... Need to put her in the water for a test drive...

Frankdtank

Seaman
All input is greatly appreciated, somebody must have run into the same issue at one time :)

Frankdtank

Seaman
Well, finally had the time and the weather was nice enough for a test drive. All is fine :)

perna00

Petty Officer 1st Class
Mercury told me the alpha one gen two impellors should be replaced every three years and the gen ones should be every year.