Easy Shift

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Is easy shift something that can be added to a system w/o it?
​Not even really sure what easy shift is.......I'm assuming it's some kind of an assist in shifting into gear.

thumpar

Admiral
If you are talking about the shift interrupt you should have that already. Is it not working?

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Not the shift interrupt........I thought there was some sort of spring loaded device that helped getting the boat to shift INTO gear.

Bondo

Staff member
Not the shift interrupt........I thought there was some sort of spring loaded device that helped getting the boat to shift INTO gear.

Ayuh,.... Are ya havin' problems Tony, or just think it's cool, 'n wanta try it out,..?? :)

I saw one once on a 3.0l, didn't pay it much mind,....

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
I had one on one of my boats a few years ago. If I understand their purpose, they were designed to help you get back into neutral - not to get into gear. The spring loaded piston helped to find neutral when coming out of gear. (Not to be confused with the shift interrupt switch... although they are both designed to work coming out of gear).

FreeBeeTony

Captain
I had one on one of my boats a few years ago. If I understand their purpose, they were designed to help you get back into neutral - not to get into gear. The spring loaded piston helped to find neutral when coming out of gear. (Not to be confused with the shift interrupt switch... although they are both designed to work coming out of gear).
If that was the purpose..........that's not what I was looking for.