Teleflex SSC 7215 need Substitute I can find

hz293

Seaman Apprentice
Pulled the steering cable out of boat with teleflex number SSC 7215. I only find these on ebay wich indicates it may be discontinued and have other manufactures numbers as substitutes. I see some on distributors sites that say it will work for all boats like mine. some say I may need an adaptere, etc.. Like usual, I"m confused. Can you shine any light on this. I hope to find something this weekend so I can get back to fishing. Thx

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
its a 15 foot cable that comes with the adaptor for the helm unit.

hz293

Seaman Apprentice
You are right, it is 15 ft. But i have a problem finding it anywhere except eBay. Does anyone know another manufacture, I see a number of them on the net that are substitutes for this cable with different numbers they use but with no cross information between the old 1989 teleflex ssc7215 and what their stock number is. . The boat motor is a 1989 Mercruiser 5.0 (305). Can anyone give me a substitute for this so I don"t have to wait for EBay delivery and maybe I can find one locally.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
usually, any marine dealer will have steering cables, including dealers.
does your cable screw into the helm(old type) or snap in and retained with a locking pin?
Teleflex Safe-t Quick Connect TEL SSC 6215 (rotary type)

Last edited:

hz293

Seaman Apprentice
Looks like ssc6215 has been replaced with scc6115. Thanks for everyone's help