1975 Mercruiser Shift Cable 3.0L 140

Justinweigt

Seaman Apprentice
I am having a few issues with the shift cable assy. So I was able to adjust the shift cable the right way with the 6" from the barrel to middle of the hole. My question is on the remote control shift cable. I know you turn the barrel away from the end by 4 turns, but mine was not hooked up, it had the barrel all the way to the end. Is there a certain measurement I can use to set it correctly. I seem to have lots of play in my throttle lever from full forward to neutral to full reverse.

It does go into gear both directions but I have ratcheting at the prop both ways, can this be caused by the remote shift cable not being properly set?

I would rather not spend all night guessing and checking the barrel location.

Thank you,
Justin

alldodge

Staff member
There is a link in my sig to the Merc adults only area. In there look for vids by achris on how to adjust the cable, follow them exactly as shown and there should be no issue. That is provided your shift cable does not need to be replaced

Justinweigt

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the videos, but I have seen them, my issue is more that I need the measurement for the remote cable, not the shift cable, Where is the barrel to hole measurement for the remote cable.