1966 1A EZ shift parts

Richmond2000

Seaman
turns out my boat / drive is a 66 and NOT a 69 and that explains why parts DO NOT look correct for my unit
I have my drive removed and split and I would like a source and Part Numbers if possible for water pump / sealing up kit + drive to bell housing gaskets

thanks in advance

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Unfortunately, the most common part number for that ole drive is NLA,....

No
Longer
Available,....

Richmond2000

Seaman
Ayuh,.... Unfortunately, the most common part number for that ole drive is NLA,....

No
Longer
Available,....

I found a dealer that has lent me the SIERRA catalog and I have found my part# from the sierra catalog

going forward it will get a Alpha one / MC1 transplant
when I am less cash broke

Richmond2000

Seaman
if I am NOT off course I believe a gimbal assy from a MC1 will fit the current transom/engine bracketry and allow a MC1/ALPHA drive to mate up

Bondo

Staff member
if I am NOT off course I believe a gimbal assy from a MC1 will fit the current transom/engine bracketry and allow a MC1/ALPHA drive to mate up

Ayuh,..... You'll be way, Waayy, Waaayyy further ahead to buy a complete runnin' donor boat, 'n junk it for it's driveline to transplant into yer hull,....

I believe you'll find little to nothin', other than the Long Block motor is an easy swap,....

The transom hole in the hull will be Close,...
You'll be drillin' a few new holes, 'n grindin' the keyhole out abit too,....
You'll only be usin' maybe 2 of the current stud holes,... possibly 4, but I think they're wider on later models,...

The Alpha 1 is gettin' older, 'n cheaper, skip right over the MC-1s,....
Go for the Alpha 1, or Better yet, the Gen.II if ya can find the coin,...
The Gen.II is current production, that came out in '91,.....

Richmond2000

Seaman
Ayuh,..... You'll be way, Waayy, Waaayyy further ahead to buy a complete runnin' donor boat, 'n junk it for it's driveline to transplant into yer hull,....

I believe you'll find little to nothin', other than the Long Block motor is an easy swap,....

The transom hole in the hull will be Close,...
You'll be drillin' a few new holes, 'n grindin' the keyhole out abit too,....
You'll only be usin' maybe 2 of the current stud holes,... possibly 4, but I think they're wider on later models,...

The Alpha 1 is gettin' older, 'n cheaper, skip right over the MC-1s,....
Go for the Alpha 1, or Better yet, the Gen.II if ya can find the coin,...
The Gen.II is current production, that came out in '91,.....

thanks I would like to do that but the orig idea came about because of a 74 MC1 complete from transom back was in KIJIJ for 400 but I missed it

yes it is common for 3.0L boats to fetch 800 to 1K with Alpha 1 but that won't happen until at least next year

how far forward does the engine need to go in an ALPHA 1 swap install my understanding is around one inch