92 quadra jet carb

Kayakray

Recruit
Can anyone recommend a good carb to change Out - upgrade to - from an old 92 mercruiser quadra jet ?

NHGuy

Captain
Find someone who understands quadrajets and get it redone. It's matched to your motor.
Don't believe or use anyone who tries to tell you they will take yours as a core and sent you back one that's all done. There are different jets and rods for each application. So only go to someone who will redo YOUR carb.
They are awesome carburetors. My old Baja is so strong with that thing on it, you'd be surprised. It actually shoves you back in the seat.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Bolt on an Edlebrock 1409, 'n go Boatin',....

biggjimm

Chief Petty Officer
Those edelbrocks are nice, out of the box performance, no fuss. Set your idle speed & go. That being said, it's hard to beat an ol' Q-jet if you can find someone who knows how to set them up & adjust them properly. A lot of junk guys haul off old motor homes & strip them down to scrap out around here & everyone I see I stop & buy the carb (or whole motor) if I can. I've got 4 off of 454's on the shelf now & they are excellent carbs once they've been setup right. Easy to rebuild too, just watch the little spring loaded balls in them when you pop 'em apart. Good luck which ever way you go. Jim.