2003 Mercuiser Mag MPI Surging

slipknotts

Recruit
Hey guys, running out of time. I have a family vacation with a house rented on Lake Travis this coming weekend with the possibility of not having a boat to bring with us, which is what the whole trip was centered around. **The Problem.. I have a 2003 23' Crownline with a Mercuiser 350 Mag MPI (0M652845). Boat starts great, runs great, gets up on plane and cruises with no issues. When I get into the throttle, it climbs strong for a brief time and then starts surging like it is starving for fuel. I can pull back on the throttle and it will pretty quickly catch its breath and run great again. I can cruise all day with no issues up to 2500-3000 RPMs (depending on the load I have in the boat) until I get into it again. I have replaced the inline filter (normal minimal debris), fuel/water separator (no water found), booster pump, and inspected the anti-siphon valve which looks to be in great shape....same issue. My question is.. Is there another filter further down the line that I am overlooking and is there another fuel pump besides the booster pump? Or are there any other options you guys can recommend? I would strongly like to get this resolved before the upcoming trip in 4 days. Next option is to bring it to a mechanic in which I definitely will not have it back in m y possesion for the trip. As always you guys expertise and feedback is truly appreciated. Thanks a boat load!!

boat127

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Since you replaced your water separating
Filter and inspected your antisiphon valve.
I would check to see of your fuel tank vent
Is clear

Being a mpi you want to hook up to a scanner

Wouldn't hurt to pull the pick up out of the
Tank and have a gander at it

slipknotts

Recruit
Thanks for the feedback 127. I did check the pickup and it looks to be unplugged but there could be a chance of trash clogging while running. I am going to remove the screen on the pickup and let the inline filter remove the trash if there is any.

I would still like to know if there are any other filters besides the 2 mentioned and if there is another pump I am not seeing (possibly in the fuel cooler). I am unsure If my model is equipped this way. Thanks in advance of any feedback.