2001 5.0L EFI No Fule from injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ALL Help!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2001, SeaRay 210 5.0 EFI, 351 hours. The vessel is in like new condition .

PROBLEM: Fuel is getting to the inlet on the back of the throttle body. but NOT through the fuel injectors and down the throttle body. I Borrowed a Injector pulsed diode light installed it on the fuel injector connectors crank the engine and there was no pulsing light, I have spark at the coil. I changed the coil out as a precautionary and still the injectors do not fire. The problem started after the battery died and the rain water filled up the engine compartment and flooded out the starter, I replaced the starter and cleaned all the wire connectors all the fuses were good, checked the wire harness to the ECM all seems good. could it possibly be the ignition module even though it is putting out spark the spark seems to be yellowish. The engine cranks and sparks but the injectors will not fire. I checked the ground connectors. There was some corrosion from being submersed. I removed the bolt and all the connectors cleaned and sprayed with corrosion block put back together with a new coil and still the injectors do not fire. Even though the module is putting out spark should I replaced that module, or is the problem elsewhere?

A local Mercruiser dealer had them scope (diagnose) the ECM and they found NO codes . It has Yellow-ish spark! Almost acting like the lanyard is "pulled", I flipped it up and down to see if it reset it, still no fuel. I have checked all the fuses both forward and aft. Circuit Breaker is functioning.

Thank you in advance for any ideas!!!
Captain Mikes

Attachments

• photo227075.jpg
    photo227075.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227076.jpg
    photo227076.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
There are only two ways to stop fuel from coming out of an injector. First is the fuel pump itself. If the pressure isn't significant to pressurize the injectors, they will not allow fuel through. Secondly, it there is no pulse at the injectors they will never open and pass fuel. So check the pressure and see what it is. Secondly if you have no pulse at the injectors, it will never ever fire and run. And seeing and reading how the engine was flooded, I'd guess the lack of electronic pulses is your problem. JMHO!

You can hear the fuel pump pressurize and I cracked the fitting and fuel come squirting out at the throttlebody base. And the ECU was sent out and tested and tested good. I did notice that pin one and 10 on the engine wire harness connector were corroded. I cleaned them as best as I could and sprayed with corrosion block, I believe I may have to change the ignition module as I am getting a yellow spark even after replaced the coil, so if anybody else has run into this problem of injectors not firing but fuel pump pressurizing and yellow spark please reply. I need all the help I can get thanks to wall in advance Mike

Ryand36330

Recruit
Was this ever solved??
I see this is an old post but I have the same issues happening minus the water in the compartment.
​ I have a 1998 Searay Sundeck 240 with a 5.7 EFI TBI doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.