Intermediate exhaust elbow question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcausey

Cadet
I'm am replacing exhaust manifolds,riser elbows and intermediate elbow. I'm am having a problem finding the right intermediate elbow. My engine is a '96 5.7 Mercruiser W/alpha one gen 2. There is a 3" spacer on the manifold, the only casting numbers on the exhaust tube are MH 64560. I can't seem to find any with this number. Does anyone have any cross references for different ones that will fit. Nothing I can find shows any for that engine with the 3" spacer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

tlcausey

Cadet
Sorry I wasn't looking for the spacer but the exhaust elbow tube that connects to the y-pipe, Thanks

tlcausey

Cadet
Yes, that's the item I'm looking for. Neither one of those part numbers will fit my application, they're too short. Mine are more of a 90 degree angle and almost 12" long. Thanks

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant
At almost 400 bucks - I would look for a used set of 90 deg bends and get a longer exhaust hose so they reach the Y-Pipe.
Question - When i went to thru hull exhaust on my boat, the original 90's were made of aluinum - no rust issues there. Are yours cast?

tlcausey

Cadet
Yea, I've found some that fit a 7.4 engine that are longer than what I have. Looks like they can be cut, may give those a try. The ones that came off look like cast to me, a new motor and all manifolds and risers were installed about 100 hours ago in 2010. 5 years in salt water is about all I can expect to get out off them I guess.
Thanks

tlcausey

Cadet
This is the one from my boat. It's more of a 90 degree bend and measures almost 13". Can't seem to find this particular one, may have to make something else work. Seems to be a pretty common engine, didn't think it would be this hard to find. Thanks
IMG_2213 (640x458).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2213 (640x458).jpg
    IMG_2213 (640x458).jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2213 (640x458).jpg
    IMG_2213 (640x458).jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 1

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,... That don't look Bad,.... Clean it up, paint it, 'n run it,....

tlcausey

Cadet
I would but they both have holes in them just under the rubber boots and were leaking into the boat.Found that out when my bilge pump finally gave up and filled the bilge up to the oil pan. Don't know how long they had been leaking and the bilge pump was just pumping it out. I always open the hatch and check all the fluids before I go out, but would shut the hatch before I cranked the engine so I had no idea they were leaking. Gotta keep a closer watch on that kind of thing in the future.
Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
I would but they both have holes in them just under the rubber boots

Ayuh,.... In that location,... Ya, I'd try epoxy,....

Hi, I know this is a very old thread, but I just got 2 of these exhaust elbows ( M.H 64560 ). I was trying to find the Mercruiser part #, but theres not much out there and to the best of my ability all I found is that they are a Maxum Part and used with the 3" riser. If anyone from this old thread is still out there, did you ever find out a possible Mercruiser part number? I couldn't. Just thought I would ask, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.