Senior Chief Petty Officer
For everybody that is wondering.
Here is a propane gas mileage chartimage.jpg

Last edited:

HopCar

Cadet
Re: Lehrer gas mileage chart

Re: Lehrer gas mileage chart

Thanks for posting that chart. The 31 pound tank is the one I'll use with my 15 Lehr, if I ever finish the damn boat.
The problem is that it needs to be mounted on it's side. Lehr needs to figure out how to do that in a boat and keep it from rolling around.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Have you finished your boat yet? I think I have a solution for the tank moving problem. In fact you can strap the tank to the transom or the bench seat. That works on a Rib, Sib or Jon boat

HopCar

Cadet
Hi Ron, Still working on it. Built the outer gunwales Sunday. It's looks so close to finished but there are still a million things to do. My six month boat build has gone over a year.

JLK62

Cadet
Looks like they made a typo on the 9.9 gph. WOT uses .44 gph, but 3000 rpm uses 1 gph. lol

I'm considering the 9.9 hp for a Gheenoe, but I'm still on the fence. We have non-ethanol available here, but I've read you still need a GOOD fuel filter for new gas outboards.

HopCar, I see you finished your project & the picture looks nice!

Last edited:

HopCar

Cadet
Thanks JKL62, I was hoping to get out in it again over the weekend but it didn't happen.
You're right about the typo. The 9.9 should burn about 4 pounds or 1 gallon per hour at WOT.
If you decide to buy the Lehr 9.9, spring for the electric start. It's wonderful!