Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Below are some additional forum policies in hopes of all iboats members will follow, Thank you.

1. Please do not reply to old topics or hijack existing topics. Old topics of a technical nature are like a library book, Please do not write in them.

2. Old topics should be considered archives and used for reference only. Please do not reply to them.

3. Do not take over someone elseís topic (aka hijack) with your own question, even if it is similar. If you have a question that has not been covered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new topic of your own.

4. If you have a question for the original poster (OP) and the topic is over 30 days old, send the OP a PM, he may not even visit the forums any longer, or may not notice your question in the old topic.

5. By starting your own topic, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum helpers that may not even notice your question when itís posted at the end of someone elseís topic. And those answers will be specific to your particular issue.

6. Please do not post to topics that have been inactive for more than 3 months unless you are the original poster. We have very active forums and any topic that remains inactive for that long should be considered "dead". It is especially confusing when there is an entirely new question posted to an old topic.

7. Posting at the end of any topic is considered to be hijacking the original posters topic which in turn subjects the topic to be closed if it continues to happen thus not making it fair to the original poster in the future had for some reason he/she needed to return for additional information or provide an update of the problem solved which is always welcomed within a reasonable amount of time frame.

8. Please note that you should see a red banner pop up near the bottom of each inactive topic asking you not to reply to old topics. The Red banner will read: Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

Lehr 2.5hp vs 5hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lehr 2.5hp vs 5hp

    Has anyone seen these two side by side? I have a trivial question that I can't get a answer to because no place local stocks them. Can someone tell me if the width (Throttle tiller handle to gear shifter) is the same for the 2.5hp and 5hp? Might seem like a silly question but the 2.5hp fits (width wise) in my transom storage laying down and I have plenty of length and height and would like the power of 5hp.

    I would be surprised if someone owned both of these but if someone has at least saw them together and could comment ballpark that would be great!

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Lehr 2.5hp vs 5hp

    Originally posted by jkru View Post
    Has anyone seen these two side by side? I have a trivial question that I can't get a answer to because no place local stocks them. Can someone tell me if the width (Throttle tiller handle to gear shifter) is the same for the 2.5hp and 5hp? Might seem like a silly question but the 2.5hp fits (width wise) in my transom storage laying down and I have plenty of length and height and would like the power of 5hp.

    I would be surprised if someone owned both of these but if someone has at least saw them together and could comment ballpark that would be great!

    Thanks!
    Howdy,

    I can't remember exactly but I thought the one at West Marine in Fife was a 2.5. If not, I'll bet they can get one.

    Let me also add that I wouldn't trade my Tohatsu for 3 of them!!
    1987 FourWinns 211 Liberator, Originally an OMC 460 King Cobra.
    Re-powered in 2006 with a 1997 Mercruiser 7.4L Bravo III

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Lehr 2.5hp vs 5hp

      Originally posted by HT32BSX115 View Post
      Howdy,

      I can't remember exactly but I thought the one at West Marine in Fife was a 2.5. If not, I'll bet they can get one.

      Let me also add that I wouldn't trade my Tohatsu for 3 of them!!
      You were correct actually ********** did have them in stock. I wanted to give a update since I have now had both engines. The 5hp is a better build quality by a reasonable margin from cowling to tiller. As for mechanical I could not comment but overall the 5hp is a better "build" for those out there comparing.

      I have 14 days to return I don't want gas but I will go look at the Tohatsus as I have heard nothing but positive things.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sign up today
        Re: Lehr 2.5hp vs 5hp

        Originally posted by jkru View Post
        You were correct actually ********** did have them in stock. I wanted to give a update since I have now had both engines. The 5hp is a better build quality by a reasonable margin from cowling to tiller. As for mechanical I could not comment but overall the 5hp is a better "build" for those out there comparing.

        I have 14 days to return I don't want gas but I will go look at the Tohatsus as I have heard nothing but positive things.
        Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I took back the 2.5hp and got the 5hp unfortunately it would not fit in my transom and ended up with a torqeedo at the end of the day. What I can say about the two lehr models trying them both. The bottom line is the 5hp model is of much higher quality than the 2.5hp. I did love the 2.5hp but I would be concerned with the quality. For example the seams do not fit nicely on the cowl, the hinges are cheap and don't latch (this is the newer rev. still a problem) and the overall quality of the metal feels a little cheap. On the other hand the 5hp did not feel this way and was very similar in build to a yamaha. If you buying one of these skip the 2.5 for the 5hp unfortunately it did not fit for me.

        Comment

        Working...
        X