Spark Plug Torque 1977 140hp Johnson

buck mora

Recruit
I need to know if there is a called for torque specification on spark plugs for 1977 140 HP Johnson V4 ! Mine are very loose at only 15-20 lbs. Spark plugs are wet runs awful at idle and trolling speed jerky with vibration BUT runs like a scalded cat middle range and up to full speed. Motor and cabs were overhauled my boat shop run twice next season but has set for two years until I bought it this last March. Was serviced and fogged when put up three years ago. Help please

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Sparkplug torque is 17 / 20 ft-lbs-----What are the compression readings on this motor ?

buck mora

Recruit
Have not checked them. The Motor only has about 7 hers on it before I bought it from my brother. His on not the brightest bulb was the only one who used it. I poured all old fuel out of the tank put new regular fuel no alcohol with Stabile and SeaFoam in. Still had the above stated problem but was not stalling and ran better

buck mora

Recruit
Have not checked them. The Motor only has about 7 hers on it before I bought it from my brother. His on not the brightest bulb was the only one who used it. I poured all old fuel out of the tank put new regular fuel no alcohol with Stabile and SeaFoam in. Still had the above stated problem but was not stalling and ran better . Also adjusted idle9 at the cable)
speeding it up a little and got the throttle cam roller of the stop about 1/4 inch.

buck mora

Recruit
Sorry. Had to leave my daughter in law's uncle was killed in a truck accident just after last posting.