1955 qd-16 parts

qd-16

Cadet
hi i have a 1955 johnson 10 hp QD-16 that i'v owned for years it ran perfect before i put away for about five years i pickle it before storing it been kept in a con x boxs . i just dug it out and going through it to start it up and start using it again since most of the lake where i live only allow 10 hp. i also have a 1955 25 hp to.

so my quistion is does any body know of any place to get good parts if i need them

Last edited:

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well what kind of parts?
Wear items can be purchased new, from Evinrude, Seirra, or wherever.
Metal items, or what I like to call hard parts - ebay! Many sellers there.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
qd, you are standing in the store for normal service parts like carb kits, ignition parts, and water pump impellers, etc. It is named iboats.com

qd-16

Cadet
Well what kind of parts?
Wear items can be purchased new, from Evinrude, Seirra, or wherever.
Metal items, or what I like to call hard parts - ebay! Many sellers there.
i know about sierra and fond some suff on ebay any where else

qd-16

Cadet
qd, you are standing in the store for normal service parts like carb kits, ignition parts, and water pump impellers, etc. It is named iboats.com
i'm looking for the little plastic piece that goes in the throttle shaft and gear that connects to the tiller handle gear. i remember my dad replaced the one on my 25 hp the place i think he got it from is gone and hes passed so i can't ask him. i do even know what to call that little plastic piece.

and iboats.com doesn't seem to have it

Last edited:

F_R

Supreme Mariner
If you need hard parts, post a want ad on the Webvertize forum at the Antique Outboard Club's website, www.aomci.org The ad is free and the members usually sell at a reasonable price.

hardwater fisherman

Lieutenant Commander
I think the part you are looking for is part number 0325074. There is one site that goes back to 1955. I cant print it out here and it wont let me give you a link.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Is it the round piece with ends filed flat ?--That was made of brass at one time ( have a few on hand )----You could likely make that piece yourself I think.

qd-16

Cadet
Is it the round piece with ends filed flat ?--That was made of brass at one time ( have a few on hand )----You could likely make that piece yourself I think.
yes that is it i don't even think of making it out of brass that would be better then plastic