Fuel to use in 82 Johnson 140 hp

Longleysharon

Recruit
New to the boating world. Purchased a 83 ranger 335v with Johnson 140. Owners manual calls for leaded gas, I understand it is now 2015 and that is difficult to find. Could I use a 89 mid grade non ethanol with a 50/1 ratio? Thank you

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
87 octane will work fine.. no matter which kind always run some fuel conditioner such as Quickleen,ring free,carbon guard or startron...

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Hi everyone,

Ethanol blended or not, it is good practice to run a high quality fuel additive to help keep that fuel system in top shape. We are the manufacturers of STA-BIL? 360? Marine and would be happy to get some free samples out to those interested in giving it a try. This product will help keep the fuel fresh, has water handling capabilities, and helps prevent rust & corrosion - both above and below the fuel line. Because of those properties, STA-BIL? 360? Marine will restore power, clean the fuel system, maximize fuel economy, prevent ethanol damage, and smooth out rough idle.

All we ask in return for the sample is a review of your experience with the product in this thread. Simply shoot us a PM with your shipping info and we will get those samples out to you. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

Have a great weekend!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Regular unleaded fuel with or w/o 10% Ethanol is just fine, mixed at 50::1. I prefer to use fresh fuel, mixed just before use, and I do not use any additives.