1993 Evinrude TE25ELETC help?

Ebrown31988

Recruit
Hi everyone, Im new to the site and power boating in general. I just bought a 1993 Bass Tracker Pro17 with the original Evinrude 25hp motor. The guy i bought it from really didnt know much about it so he really didnt give me much to go off of! My only real questions is about the oil/gas. He told me that hes only filled the tank once since he owned the boat. The gas in the tank is straight gas and not mixed. Im pretty sure this is a 2 stroke motor. I cant find any kind of oil tank or anything like that, so I dont really know what to do. I dont want to damage the engine in any way! Can someone please help me with this? Is this a 2 or 4 stroke motor? Is it oil injected, or do i need to mix the gas? If it is oil injected where does the oil go? Ive searched google for hours and can not find the answers to these questions! I really want to take the boat out in the next few days so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ebrown31988

Recruit
Thanks for the reply jasper. The boat has a built in 13 gallon tank. Ive never had a built in tank so my question is... do I just fill the tank, pour in the proper amount of oil, and go for it? Or do i need to find a way to shake it around and mix it up good first? I know I probably sound like an idiot! I just want to make sure I dont damage anything!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Easiest way is to mix your fuel / oil in jerry cans first then fill boat from those.

If there is straight gas in the tank now you will need to drain it out and replace with mixed fuel. If it has been run on straight gas...good luck.

As this is a new motor to you I would lean toward draining tank and filling with proper mix.

Ebrown31988

Recruit
Thanks for the help guys. I really hope he didnt do any damage to the motor. I have no idea how long he ran it on regular gas. It starts and runs fine so Im assuming everything is ok. Ill update when I get the gas drained and new mixed gas added and do a compression test.