1983 70 hp evinrude power T&T relay box mounting

reactone

Recruit
Hi,
I just picked up an '83 Evinrude outboard model number E70eclte. I'm in the midst of adding power tilt using an oem unit I found on ebay. What I can't find is a picture showing how the relay box is mounted for this particular engine. Can someone post a pic of their relay box? Thanks!

Last edited:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Some of those mount inside the boat.---Some where mounted above the carburetors.------Pictures of the parts you have ?

Last edited:

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Not so sure it mounts on the engine for that year. That box does have the new dual relays inside, but it's the old style, larger box which is directly connected to the battery with it's own power cables. Usually that box is mounted remotely, under the rear splashwell of the boat, away from the engine. Looks like they began mounting the trim box on the engine in 1984. Your engine likely does not have any drilled holes in it to accommodate mounting on the powerhead.

reactone

Recruit
Here's the relay box that came with the unit. The seller didn't specify what year it came off of.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0

racerone

Supreme Mariner
That unit appears to mount inside the boat.-----Close-up picture of the back of that required to confirm.