I need help!!!!!!!! 1997 Johnson 225 venom won't idle

SparkieBoat

Captain
if you have gas running out of your carbs when you pump the bubble then at least one of your needle valves are not closing. either your float is out of adjustment or something is blocking the needle valve from closing all the way. or you have a bad gasket or something is broken. You should have mentioned the gas running out before. it should not be doing that.

Last edited:
O ok I don't think it's coming out of my carbs bc there is a fuel line that t's off the fuel pump to the back side of the intake. I can open the butterflies and see the back of the intake and there is a little hole all the way at the top of the intake opening and when I pump the bulb the fuel hits the back side of the butterflies and then it starts running down the rod that open and closes the butterflies. I'm sorry that I didn't mention that. I jus so frustrated with this motor bc it ran great till I ran it out of gas one day by accident and it started. I really appriciate you taking the time and helping me.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like enrichner lever is open instead of closed and engine is flooding....

SparkieBoat

Captain
top left side of you carb cover. a round thingy with a small red lever and some small hoses going to it. looks like this.

Attachments

• 100_0876.jpg
    100_0876.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0
O ok I thought that was the fuel primer..... Well I learn something new everytime I get on here.... I replaced that gasket and the red nob when I did the carbs

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Have you looked into issues with crankshaft sealing rings / crankcase compression ??

Racerone do you mean a compression test, I have done one several time jus making sure I wasn't wrong and all six of them have been between 100 and 110.. But as far as a crankcase compression didn't know anything about one..

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Your engine needs 4 things to run properly.---Fuel , compression in the cylinder , spark at the right time AND crankcase compression.---Compression in the cylinder and crankcase compression are just not the same thing.----Your cylinder compression tester tells you nothing about crankcase compression!!!!

SparkieBoat

Captain
I think he is having a flooding issue to do with his enrichener or fuel primer. either the red lever is not in the right position or something is amiss with it. you could try plugging the fuel line input to the enrichener. see if your problem is solved. if so, then you have found your problem.