35 Hp Evinrude- No Fire

NC-Rookie

Seaman Apprentice
A few weeks ago I used the forum for the fist time and confirmed that it had to use the 5 pole ignition switch. I replaced the switch and the motor turned over fine but no fire. My question Is how do I troubleshoot the motor to find out first if the ignition coils are bad and so on? Also is there any other possibilities beside of the points, condensers, and wires?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Did you connect the kill switch wires up properly? If those wires are shorting out, it will turn over forever and never fire up. Recheck your wiring according to the shop manual for your engine...

NC-Rookie

Seaman Apprentice
First the kill switch wires are spliced with spaded connectors before the cable is plugged into the motor. Does it matter which black wire is connected to the other? Also where do you find the model number?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
If you apllied 12 volts to the coils via the black wires there could be issues.------Pull the flywheel for a complete inspection of the magneto there.----Use a flywheel puller with 3 bolts.

NC-Rookie

Seaman Apprentice
O.K. I'm ready to pull the flywheel. Can anyone recommend a economical puller for an evinrude model 25514, since I probably will only use it once in my life?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
hurry and run to your local repair shop.--They will likely pull the flywheel in minutes !

NC-Rookie

Seaman Apprentice
I finally got the nut off of the flywheel and got a 3 bolt pulley. After spraying it with much Kroil, and watching a Utube video me and my buddy tried to remove the flywheel for 2 days,but it wouldn't budge. finally after using brute force it came off...broke. I guess I will cut the rest of it off today. For future reference, what did we do wrong and where can I find a used flywheel part #580232? And yes I plan to replace the coils, points, and condensers at the same time.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post a free wanted ad on --aomci----------Lots of help there.----Or E-BAY might have some.