1982 SeaHorse 50 Carb Removal, Re-Build and Issue Diagnose

kayrecs

Seaman Apprentice
Hey All!

I got my motor running and had it out on the lake once, but it was bogging down on me and the shifter linkage ended up coming unbolted leaving me stranded on the water and my past two attempts at the ramp I couldn't get the damn thing to start..

Check out my early motor woes here:

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ards/9918517-1982-50hp-seahorse-won-t-fire-up

Anyway, my sierra 18-7222 kits from iboats arrived today just in time to get it out on this weekend if the rain ever stops lol. I've watched a few videos and have heard the included instructions are pretty detailed. Where I am stuck is where and how to disconnect the choke and throttle linkages to access the 4 bolts holding the carbs to the block? Any tips on removal of the carbs, linkage or the rebuild process would be greatly appreciated!

I'll also upload a few videos of the motor running from my old thread and another of the motor running this afternoon before I tackle the carbs.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• photo221887.jpg
    photo221887.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0

Bosunsmate

Admiral
too wet here for me to look too. But from memory you need to undo the choke where it clips on to the choke plate, be gentle.
The rest is just the carb butterfly, post a photo if you a stuck and the fuel lines need to be unclipped

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
1st thing is to remove the air box. Then there are 3 links to remove. If the choke is a wire spring like pcs. it slips over a post and is held in place by a small oring. the actual carb linkage rods snap into plastic bushings and are easily removed and refitted. The bolts for the carb bases will need to be loosened and the carb slide forward to get the nuts off. There just isn't enough room to remove the nuts w/o moving the carb body.

I have pictures saved from the last time I did this job just for this occasion, problem is they are on another computer that has crashed and I haven't gotten around to recovering them yet.

kayrecs

Seaman Apprentice
Awesome! Thanks guys! That helps a little, It is supposed to rain all day so I am going to try and tackle the task. I see the snaps you guys are talking about about but just don't want to break anything taking it apart. I'll post pics if I still cant figure it out.