56 evinrude 15 HP carb question again

JoeFromAkron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been having carb trouble again. This time it flooded out on Lake Erie. I took the plugs out to try and let it dry out but when I was putting them back in I stripped the plug port. I know how fix that. I had ran it once another day for 2 hours or so and about 45 minutes yesterday. It was running awesome till it wasn't anymore...

My question being is there any reason other than the float being set wrong or the needle valve being held open by dirt that might cause this? I'm not questioning advice I got here I was just very sure it was good to go. Should I get another carb kit and start over?
When I put it back together I did the test to flip it over and blow air in the fuel nozzel and I couldn't blow through it so I thought it was good. I have gas coming out of an air hole on the top of the carb and I noticed yesterday after it floods that when I crank the motor and don't have the fuel lune hooked up that it has gas coming out of the air pressure nozzle also. I'm quite a novice at this and dont really have anyone to help me so I really appericate this site. It helped me a ton to get this thing working at all.

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
I think the only thing els would be the adjustments set way to rich, or the needle tip is distorted. Or something was left out like a seat, tube washer. mite just want to re-check your work and look a bit closer at everything inside. best luck

JoeFromAkron

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just had a thought. The packing was non existent in the high speed needle. That would explain why it wouldnt stay put. Before my attempt at repairing it I held it in place with duct tape. (Not my proudest moment but it worked) So I'm thinking it could be damaged from all the moving around. Is it supposed to be a sharp point like the low speed? Could that make it flood so bad it had gas running out of it?