2000 Evinrude 15hp 4 Stroke Fuel Pump

misalmon

Cadet
I use this as a kicker engine (The model # is E15EL4SSE) on my salmon rig and noticed it was much more difficult to start than normal. Finally got it to start and it seemed to run perfectly at all rpms, it was pushing my 21' striper at 4mph with no issues. Once I was done fishing and back on land I checked the oil and found a bunch of fuel in the crankcase. The oil was dripping off the dipstick. This same scenario happened last year (my first year with this boat) and I had a mechanic take a look at it. He claimed the diaphragm in the fuel pump ruptured causing the fuel in the oil. He cleaned it up and fixed it, but it wasn't cheap at $350. No issues after that.

I figured I would save some cash and just purchase a new fuel pump and change the oil myself. The problem is the pump (part # 0435352 FUEL PUMP ASSY) is no longer made and I can't find it anywhere! They make a fuel pump repair kit, but not sure that includes a new diaphragm (0435070 FUEL PUMP REPAIR KIT) and unsure of my ability to complete the task if it does. Just wondering if anybody else has come across this problem or has any ideas. It's much appreciated!